Slim; what dress to buy to look at? 11 win-win styles with which the image is visually stretched and takes on an attractive silhouette.
A dress is a wardrobe that can emphasize the figure’s femininity and merit and hide flaws from the eyes—provided that the model is well chosen. Today, manufacturers produce a wide variety of products. Each option is attractive in its way. Due to the mixture in the selection, finding a solution for any image will be possible. We have collected 11 win-win styles of dresses in which every girl will look sophisticated.
Sleek, slim dresses are primarily of interest to women with curvy figures. But not necessarily! They also apply in the case when the image is not entirely balanced. Haute couture clothing first appeared in ancient Egypt. True, then women invented it on the go – between times, you could say. Since long clothes interfered with work, the lift was taken up and tied under the chest. At the same time, the girls immediately noticed that such a decision emphasizes the splendor of the bust and implies the absence of a waist or excessive volume in the lower part of the body.
Today, you can safely wear such a dress in the hope that it will make you slim:
- Girls with a triangle type, when the hips are extensive;
- For women who tend to have rectangular contours, if the waist is almost not noticeable;
- Ladies with a protruding stomach – it will hide perfectly without revealing itself;
- Pregnant women.
By the way, these slim styles of dresses, which are slim, are used to tailor clothes for all occasions. You can buy a product made of the finest comfortable material for everyday wear for summer. There are dense fabric options for cold spring and even winter.
Moreover, evening and even high-rise wedding dresses are beautiful. They are chosen to make the image slimmer and the image more romantic. And, of course, this is an excellent way out of the situation if a girl is getting married on the eve of the birth of a child.
When you study the fashion style of dresses, you can see that gowns with peplums have returned to the collection of unique dresses. It is nothing more than a frill or flounce that looks like a little skirt. It is placed on the waist area.
Initially, the Basque began to be worn in the 1940s in Spain and southwestern France as part of the national costume. Curiously, they sewed such grunts into the outerwear. But by the 1970s, fashion designers had shown great interest in it. With a light hand, the Basques moved into dresses. The public does not appreciate this decision. And only in the new millennium, closer to 2010, have peplum dresses become incredibly popular. In addition, interest in them increases year by year.
As fashion quickly discovered, such women’s dresses’ styles were visually slimming. It is one of the reasons why Basque is trending today. It is very narrow and wide and falls on the hips. You can do it in the same color as the entire product or in a different shade, including contrasting colors.
To emphasize the refinement of the silhouette, to hide flaws in the body structure, it is essential to know how to choose a dress with peplum:
- If the stomach is too bulging, the frill should be asymmetrical. For example, it can be far from the back or the side – it is worth trying on different clothes to decide which figure looks the most favorable.
- If too wide hips are upset, then the most preferred model with overlapping peplum is the eye-catching part.
- Peplum will also help balance the silhouette if massive shoulders are a problem. In this case, opt for an outfit with layered ruffles.
When buying such products, special attention is paid to the material. Even the most successful form-fitting dress will spoil the fabric of insufficient quality. It is required that the plum keeps its shape well. It will break the whole impression if it hangs down with a crumpled cloth.
The so-called column skirt has recently been added to women’s wardrobes. Specifically, it first appeared on the catwalks in the late 90s, but in 2022 it experienced a rebirth.
A column dress is a straight or fitted long dress. It has almost no interior; there is no neckline either. Models come in both short and long sleeves. A small amount in the waist or hips is acceptable. Slight expansion is also possible.
Such dress styles for women have become especially popular in light of the superior plus size. After all, the outfit hides various physical flaws just as well. But at the same time, it looks elegant and even strict – depending on the color, material, and sewing.
With a column skirt, you can become visually slimmer and a few centimeters taller. Of course, it fits beautifully on girls with a flawless silhouette that any model looks like.
If the goal is to “lighten up” visually, then the outfit is chosen to take into account the following recommendations:
- Preference for products in monochromatic, pure tones.
- It is better to avoid decor and print.
- Accessories – handbag, belt, jewelry – will help you overcome the features of the silhouette. They will add accents to draw attention to the benefits.
This kind of summer dress style is not understood and loved by all women. Some compare it to home clothes – a costume dress. And for nothing! A wrap dress can help create a stunning, sophisticated, and very interesting look.
By the way, the first such models appeared on the catwalk about half a century ago. Diana von brought the original costume. Her invention was in the taste of fashion. They started wearing a coat for special occasions and in everyday life. Interest in the model is not lost today.
You can buy such beautiful dresses for sports shoes and shoes with high heels. They are suitable for almost everyone without exception. The figure looks good, thanks to the loose fit. The frame seems modest and discreet, the accent in the waist. So the extra kilos are perfectly hidden. And most importantly, this outfit is exceptionally comfortable. Therefore, it is chosen with great pleasure for daily wear.
Numerous manufacturers sewed such dresses with different materials and exciting decoration methods.
But if the goal is to look slim, then you need to follow the following rules when choosing a model:
- It is best to avoid complicated curtains.
- Too many ruffs can ruin the whole impression.
- A dress whose smell crosses the image diagonally looks best.
Such dresses for the summer allow for a short sleeve and even a complete absence. In winter and autumn, it is logical to cover your hands. But the three-quarter sleeve is the optimal solution for the hot season that shrinks. Due to the open wrist, the image acquires vulnerability and becomes touching and romantic.
Also, notice the cut at the bottom. There are narrow, comprehensive, and even flared skirts. Which one to choose is based on the characteristics of the lower body? It is better for complete ladies to buy products of classic length – just below the knee. Although slightly shorter dresses are acceptable if the legs are slim.
A-line hem dress
When researching which dresses slim the figure, you can and should go back to the history of fashion. After all, many ideas are taken from the past. And dresses with an A-line hem fall into this category.
They are perfectly recognizable from old movies. For the most part, the popularity of this style becomes popular in the fifties of the twentieth century. However, it cannot be said to have experienced complete oblivion. Today, many famous designers are also inspired by him.
The outfit is perfectly recognizable: the cut is relatively laconic and simple. It is already up and wider down because it is possible to make the figure as proportional and feminine as possible:
- A lot of growth occurs if a woman wants to look more tender and vulnerable. If a woman is outstanding in every sense – both in shape and height, then you should opt for an A-line hem, short or medium length.
- The waist appears to be narrower, which is especially valuable when it is almost absent. To get closer to the guitar’s ideal shape, it is better to buy a model with a narrow yoke and a fluffy skirt. Plus, a thin belt will do the job and accentuate your waist.
- Visually, the heavy bottom appears to be less mass. So, if your stomach and hips are wide, you can wear A-style clothes. With full legs, the style of long dresses with such a cut will help.
- Too much thinness is not so striking. It’s no secret that while some ladies lose weight without success, others suffer from the inability to gain weight. And it is the A-silhouette that is considered a savior for slim girls. The shape looks softer; the contours are smoother.
By the way, such a floor-length dress is an indispensable item in the wardrobe of a future mother. She may not worry about all eyes on her stomach. She will be very comfortable in the costume, and it instinctively gives order and smoothness to her movements.
Maybe this model will never go out of fashion! And this is not surprising because the great Coco Chanel herself took part in creating the shirt dress. And as you know, she gave out such ideas that, in the literal sense of the word, became eternal, like the fashion designer himself. After Coco, the model was enchanted by Yves Saint Laurent. He brought new touches to the contours: he made the shoulders more comprehensive, the waist narrower, and also added a belt. And such ideas found grateful followers.
However, in our democratic era, many stylish styles of dresses are born from the first type, which resembles a regular shirt. They are as close to the classics as possible, very romantic and even festive.
The main thing is to find a solution that takes into account the characteristics of the body and the purpose of the purchase:
- In summer, a product with a length just above the knee of a free cut is perfectly worn. It’s great to move around; it doesn’t float—preference for thin natural material. To visually reduce volume and increase height, it is worth wearing shoes or shoes on a platform or high heels for such a dress.
- The silhouette works best if the model is sewn from fabric in vertical or diagonal stripes.
- Fitted and super short dresses are taboo. And not only for the reason cans that have only a skinny and quiet girl afforded something like this: this kind of outfit is long out of fashion.
What else is the beauty of the shirt dress that softens the figure: it is universal in every sense. If you buy a model with a neutral color, a free cut, and a good length, it can be worn with various ensembles. The image will be restrained with shoes or shoes, especially if you complement it well with a handbag, belt, and jewelry. With sneakers, you get an excellent set for everyday wear.
This solution rarely goes out of style. Because a neckline of this shape is an accent that unmistakably reminds them of femininity, as it points to the chest and draws attention to it, the neck looks much slimmer, thinner, and more graceful. As all eyes are directed to the chest and upper body, even large hips, and bulging bellies are no longer so noticeable. It is why almost all styles of dresses for the full include a V-shaped neckline.
This neckline can do wonders! Surprisingly, even tight outfits on curvy figures look sultry and sexy with this type of neckline. But of course, this does not mean that they should abuse it.
Still, it is better to choose a dress taking into account the following nuances:
- It is worth giving models with fittings in the upper part and under the chest but leaving the bottom neutral.
- A medium dress, possibly a maxi, is recommended and often very successful. However, mini should be excluded – the image will be too disgusting, provocative, and vulgar.
- For such a style, balance in the choice of jewelry is doubly essential. It should be light and refined. A necklace that is too big will ruin the whole experience.
Suppose you are looking for which dresses are slimming, among the models with a V-neck. In that case, it is better to give those not decorated with ruffles, or frills, wherever they are, as this still adds more volume.
It is one of the latest fashion trends. It all started again with the light hand of the infamous Yves Saint Laurent. He introduced the tuxedo into the women’s wardrobe, which later turned into many types of jackets. Now the blazer dress is at its peak of popularity.
I must admit that this is an exceptional model. However, not every girl looking for slimming dresses will wear it. It is nothing more than a long jacket. Admittedly, the concept does not need to be oversimplified where designers use different tricks to turn an everyday wardrobe into a dress.
What versions can owners of curvaceous forms safely wear?
- Length, up to mid-thigh and below, with a wide belt across the waist. It will help give the shape an hourglass shape. It is essential to avoid rigid geometric lines. Better to take a model with rolled sleeves.
- Asymmetrical, for example, best flatter a model’s figure where one height is slightly longer than the other and overlaps the shorter one.
- Straight cut with a V-neck – in this case, the girl benefits by drawing attention to the neckline.
The most crucial taboo for this style is that the dress should not be too short, even if the legs are perfectly slim. It’s essential to avoid feeling like a capsule with thin legs. You can play with different options for the rest, considering the sense of harmony and proportion.
Dress cut at the waist
One of the dresses is fully thin, but when choosing it, you have to consider many “butts.” For this reason, not everyone should buy it and choose very carefully.
Let’s start with its advantages and why it helps to achieve the desired effect. We can say that this is an improved version of the skirt and blouse combination. After all, the product is in one layer, barring a drop, which is possible if you apply two products separately. In the model, the attention is very clearly focused on the waist so that it can be “done,” even when it is almost absent.
Alas, not everyone manages to find successful summer dresses that are slim and cut at the waist. There are almost no problems if it is monochromatic. But in this case, the thing is quite ordinary and boring. If you want to play with flowers, prints, and patterns, it’s easy to make mistakes that adversely affect the image.
What is essential to consider slim when buying:
- Remember the rule: light plump and dark thin. Accordingly, we choose the top and bottom based on the desired effect.
- If you like the stripes, they are acceptable but not horizontal. Mainly in part, you want to make it visually slimmer. For ladies lush at the bottom, a skirt with a diagonal shore would be a good solution.
- The neckline plays an important role. If it is too small, there is a considerable risk that the neck will look shorter and thicker than it is. Remember a win-win solution: the V-neck almost always saves.
To get rid of problems with the body structure, they bring asymmetry in the style of evening dresses and daily outfits! It is incredible how she acts in the film and turns flaws into advantages.
Of course, provided that the model matches the given image:
- If the girl has an apple-shaped figure or an inverted triangle, an A-line dress with an asymmetrical bottom will help. As a rule, such ladies have slender legs, so all eyes should be riveted to them.
- If the bottom is heavy, accordingly, it is possible and necessary to draw attention to the upper part of the figure. Then a dress with one open shoulder, with an original sleeve – for example, a giant flashlight, will help a lot.
Since asymmetry is bright, original, and does not go unnoticed, it is essential not to overdo it when choosing accessories and jewelry. It is the case when it is better to do with the minimum than to create a sense of frustration.
Dress with contrasting side panels
How sometimes girls with round shapes want to wear clothes that don’t quite succeed in cutting their body type! It does not mean you have to give up your dream based only on the style of dresses on the floor, closed and deaf, dull and uninteresting. A solution such as inserts in contrasting colors on the sides will help to reduce slim the volume visually.
It’s incredible that with such a taste, almost any style of dress with polka dots, different prints, and just plain colors looks good and slim . It is only essential that the inserts are located vertically and stretch the silhouette. Moreover, they can also be monochromatic but contrasting, from another material, in the form of a print or pattern.