I can't get over the textures, fabrics and colors of all my Vince sweaters. I'm sort of obsessed.
Monday, November 28, 2011
I could get used to this "winter" weather.
J. Crew t-shirt, Old Navy vest, J. Crew necklace, American Apparel skirt, Proenza Schouler bag, Zara shoes (similar style here)
Highlights of my day include:
1) The feel of new sheets when I'm oh-so-tired
Sunday, November 27, 2011
I'm backkkkkk. Sorry for the temporary hiatus. My birthday is this Thursday so I celebrated my b-day with the family this weekend. It was lots-o-fun.
Minkpink sweater, H&M top (similar style here), Marc by Marc Jacobs bag (similar style here), AE jeggings, Liebeskind booties (similar style here)
I'm dying to know... what did everyone get on Black Friday? What did you think were the best sales?
My faves? Definitely Bloomies and American Eagle.
Highlights of my weekend include:
1) Being called an eighty year old woman by my mom when I was complaining about loud music
2) Enjoying the incredible, incredible sales at Bloomingdales
3) Eating breakfast at the Four Seasons
4) Spending time with the rentals and the BF
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
What you'll need:
1. Graph paper
4. Needle and Thread
5. Faux pearls* (or real ones if you're filthy rich)
*Those are the exact faux pearls I used
1. Sketch one side of the collar and cut it out
2. Trace it again to make the other half of the collar
3. Pin the sketched collar to your fabric
4. Cut out the collar from the fabric
5. Take out the pins
6. Cut the collar into half so you have two pieces
7. I took the two collar pieces to the cleaners and asked them to sew the pieces together. I also had them sew around the edges so the fabric didn't fray. If you have a sewing machine (I don't) you can do it yourself and it's a much cheaper option.
8. Gather your beads and begin sewing!
9. Leave a little empty space at the top of each side of the collar
10. Take some ribbon and sew it to the top pieces of the collar (in order for you to tie it around your neck).
Ta-Da all done!
This collar is my pride and joy. It was time consuming (not going to lie) but also, oddly relaxing. I love sewing by hand.
Monday, November 21, 2011
We were at the Portofino more than I'd like to admit (we were not staying there). Perhaps the best part is when we were told we couldn't eat by the pool because we weren't guests at the hotel... oh well.
DIY chain necklace, Dannijo necklace, Chaser t-shirt, Rag and Bone sunglasses, Rebecca Minkoff bag, Levi shorts, Zara shoes
When I thought I wouldn't see Rupert ice cream was the only thing that could soothe me.
Sunday, November 20, 2011
Universal was actually colder than NYC. I'm wearing my new Miu Miu shoes here. It was love at first sight. They had one pair left, 8.5, fit like a glove. Tears were almost shed.
Oh I forgot to mention, they were purchased at Woodbury and were only $150.00. Amazingness.
Rag and Bone sunglasses, Forever 21 dress, Target jacket (similar style here), Dannijo necklace, Miu Miu shoes, Rebecca Minkoff bag